Friday 27 February 2009

Patterns




When I sit in a lecture trying to listen (50% hearing) I miss a lot reading lips and listening, when I write notes I look away so miss what’s being said. I sometimes lose the thread of the lecture. I’ve spent most of my life concentrating trying to listen so as a consequence not being verbal. So during lectures lately when I lose the thread I look at the text or what I’ve written and I see patterns. When I look at text I don’t see the words they glow and vibrates then patterns emerge so as I drift during some of these riveting lectures, I’ve been looking and getting into these patterns. Thought they would make a nice picture. Ya ok I know I’m going off the beaten track, nothing to do with my research, just feel like doing it. But this is how I work my mind wonders and random stimuli gives me ideas. And I usually put them aside so not going to anymore. Here they are, I really enjoyed doing these am putting them into the Interim show and calling them 'Remnants'.

No comments: