Tuesday 27 January 2009

'THE MAN WITH A CAMERA'

Watched this film about the camera man in the early part of the 20th century. All about technique ect. The last projects ‘The Overlook’ and our own mashup have been a big realisation for me. The work that I do making costume and being a hairstylist is so labour intensive & time consuming. So doing all this new stuff with the computer & camera once I’ve got my head around the technology (getting there slowly) it’s so quick and easier to get a professional result. So not so time consuming and as I have so little time it seems to be an answer to my dilemma. In the film they were saying that the first projector camera was originally made with parts of the sewing machine. I find it profound that I’m going from costume making with the sewing machine and progressing into film & photography.

No comments: