Wednesday 4 March 2009

Cultural Fusions

I’ve been looking at fusions of cultures from the Native American point of view. I was feeling uncomfortable with using these native influences being white. Who owns native culture is the dilemma, a matter of conscience, I don’t have the right. Growing up in Canada during the 60’s, 70’s and early 80’s. Aware of the native situation witnessing and understanding their flight as a bystander. But never truly understanding till later when I started to investigate and educated myself. We can’t truly understand unless you experience it for yourself as the North American native understands. But I grew up there and witnessed to some extent so am now coming around to thinking that my interest and brand of fusion is valid and unique so am now feeling better about using these influences.

No comments: